Emilie “was the type of person who could light up a room,” her father told reporters Saturday. His oldest daughter was “bright, creative and very loving,” and “always willing to try new things other than food,” Robbie Parker said.
"Emilie Alice Parker was the sweetest little girl I’ve ever known," her aunt, Jill Cottle Garrett, said. The family is devastated that "someone so beautiful and perfect is no longer going to be in our lives and for no reason," Garrett said.
"My daugher Emilie would be one of the first ones to be standing up and giving her love and support to all of those victims, because that is the type of person she is," her father said. She was "an exceptional artist and she always carried around her markers and pencils so she never missed an opportunity to draw a picture or make a card for someone."
She placed one of her cards in the casket at the funeral of her grandfather, who recently died in an accident, Parker said.
Emilie’s “laughter was infectious,” he said. “This world is a better place because she has been in it.”
Her father, who works as a physician’s assistant in the newborn unit at the Danbury hospital, said his last conversation with his daughter was in Portuguese, a language he was teaching her.
"She said that she loved me and I gave her a kiss and I was out the door," he said.
Emilie was a mentor to her two younger sisters — ages 3 and 4 — and “they looked to her when they needed comfort,” her father said.
A Facebook page was created to collect donations to help pay expenses to take Emilie back to her native Utah for burial, her aunt said.
♥ 11 notes
1 year ago
- allieczarniecki reblogged this from rememberandyhook
- allieczarniecki likes this
- twilightfanx reblogged this from rememberandyhook
- millionpicturestoburn likes this
- daydreamingfreak likes this
- caitlynallysepenke likes this
- myrissuhhh reblogged this from rememberandyhook
- this-67-impala reblogged this from rememberandyhook
- youtubeismyschoolnowokaymom likes this
- twilightgalforever likes this
- rememberandyhook posted this